Thursday, June 14, 2007

Where did it go?

The boys are obsessed with sports balls- tennis balls, racquetballs, mini soccer balls- you name it. Yesterday Will fell asleep clutching his racquetball. Matt will actually sit and play "ball" with me. He'll throw a ball and I'll throw it back. Other days he's perfectly content playing by himself. He'll throw a ball and then crawl after it- the game goes on and on. The only problem with their obsession is that the balls often roll out of their reach under the furniture. I can often find both of them peering under the couch trying to figure out how to rescue their beloved tennis ball.
I tried a quick and easy recipe that I'd like to share with all my mom friends out there. I'll call it "Quick and Easy Mexican Pie."

Ingredients
1 can reduced fat crescent rolls
1 pound ground meat (turkey, beef, soy crumbles-whatever)
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 15-ounce can zesty diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can black beans (or whatever you fancy)
Taco seasoning to taste
1/2-1 cup low-fat shredded cheese

Directions
Unroll crescent rolls and press into bottom of 9x13 pan
Bake "crust" at 375 until golden brown on top (~10 minutes)
While crust is baking, brown meat in a skillet
Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, and taco seasoning to meat- simmer for a few
minutes
Spoon mixture on top of crust, sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until cheese is
melted. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes or salsa. Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yum, that sounds so good. I'm so impressed with the food around your house. The havarti cheese and cherries sound so yummy. It's been fun to catch up on your blog since I've been gone. I don't know how you do it all.