Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Twin mischief

Today marked my first day of my new work schedule. All I had to do was get to the office by 10:30. How hard could that be, right?
I started the day at 6:30, changed into walking clothes, did some laundry, brewed my coffee and listened as the boys babbled from their nursery. At 7:00 I stripped them of their pj's, changed diapers, soaked pj's (thanks to some wayward poop), made bottles, fixed toast, fed babies and had my pre-workout snack. While I was doing another load of laundry (thanks to Will's poopy pj's), the boys were getting acquainted with the bathroom.
We always try to keep doors shut in our house, because there's no telling what Matt and Will can get into when left to themselves. Apparently "someone" left the bathroom door open last night, but he was such a great help giving the baths that I won't call him out. So of course Matt and Will make a beeline for the open door and this is where I find them. Will eating toilet paper and Matt decorating. I tell you, all Will thinks about is food!
I quickly herded them out of the room, put them in their best "white trash" outfits (sleeveless rompers that I swore I'd always put on over onesies but decided that it was just too hot today), and loaded them into the stroller. We got back from our walk a little after 9:00 and I put them in the pack n play to watch them duke it out during my shower. By the time I got out, they were seconds away from total annihilation, so I took them into the playroom for a change of scenery. I can usually manage to get myself ready while they play, but they were in full koala bear mode and refused to be anywhere but my arms.
I played with them until our wonderful nanny arrived, gave her instructions for the day and then glanced at the clock- 10:15- time to leave. I still had wet hair, no make-up and no lunch.
I finally breezed into my office at 10:50. It's not like I can just sneak in, because for the past year I have shared an office with my boss. I realize this would totally stink for most people, but I have the greatest boss in the world (who also totally reads this blog, if you know what I mean).
Before I go, I'd like to give a shout out to Shelly at the Revenue Office. She let me cut in line and paid no mind to the fact that my driver's license expired 2 1/2 months ago. Apparently there's a secret identical twin society that offers these special perks. Matt and Will have a big responsibility to pay it forward whenever they get the chance.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: