Saturday, June 9, 2007

Guess what toy is broken?

Since I have been really bad about posting pictures lately, I wanted to share some recent photos. Matt and Will love their push toys. They push them all over the house and Matt can now turn in circles and maneuver his way through all the obstacles in the house. Just today I heard him squealing in delight, and when I peeked around the corner to see what he was doing I caught him ramming his toy into Will. Unbelievably, Will was smiling right back. After I redirected Matt's attention several times while trying not to laugh at him, it finally dawned on me that I needed to video tape him. Of course, when I started taping he lost interest in Will and abandoned the toy altogether.
Matt and Will have tried two new foods this week- grilled cheese sandwiches made with Havarti cheese and fresh Bing cherries. In the highchair pictures, they are enjoying one cherry split between the both of them. Yes, I know. We are really slow and cautious when it comes to introducing solids.
I took Matt to the doctor yesterday for his persistent diaper rash and while we were there, the doctor commented on Matt's interesting teething pattern. He cut his bottom central incisors first, but then he cut a top lateral incisor instead of the expected top central incisors. Thank goodness one of his top central incisors is coming in. I was afraid I would have two draculas crawling around (Will has the exact same teething pattern).
Both Matt and Will get closer and closer to walking every day. If they don't know I'm doing it, I can let go of their hands while they are standing and they can stand unassisted. As soon as they realize they aren't holding onto anything, they drop to their knees. They can walk all over the place just holding onto me with one hand. All they need is a little more self-confidence and they'll be off and running. Apparently, that's when the real fun begins.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maneauvering through obstacles in the house? Are you and Chris making your children complete obstacle courses in order to get food? I'm dialing child protective services right now.