Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'm that kind of mom

One of my friends recently sent me an e-mail thanking me for not being one of "those moms" who share every achievement about their child- like going pee pee in the potty. Who knows how I'll act in the midst of potty training. I'm not there yet, but let me share where I am right now.

Matt and Will were a little fussy tonight, so after dinner we immediately started running their bath so we could get them to bed. We filled the tub a little too high and when I was putting Will in, he slipped a little and went face first into the water. Tears ensued as they usually do with Will. Chris grabbed Will and I lunged for the drain to let some water out. I slipped and was headed face first for the water but caught myself on the faucet. It scared our already emotional guys, and they started screaming. When I caught myself on the faucet I accidentally hit the hot water which started running. I also knocked the handle off somehow. So now the scalding hot water (it's instant- gotta love it) is filling the tub near my screaming sons and I can't get the handle back to turn it off.

Some peace returns when I get the water turned off and we start bathing the boys. There were still some tears, but everyone settled down. When I took Matt out of the tub, I cuddled with him extra long before getting him into a diaper and PJ's. I did the same for Will. I was holding him close, telling him how sorry Mommy was for scaring him and how much I love him when I feel warm liquid seeping all over the front of me.

Potty training? At this point I'd be happy if they would just go in their diapers.

Matt's two front teeth


Will showing off for the camera

2 comments:

Cherith said...

i just love those big blue eyes! :)

LauraC said...

I am still laughing my butt off at this story. The number of stories we have like this is pretty high - including the time Alex peed on the floor of the bathroom then tromped everywhere and slipped in it while Nate had fallen and was being consoled by one very tired twin mom.