Sunday, October 21, 2007

Week in Review

Some highlights from the past week:
1. Matt got shoved by a girl who's three months younger than he is. He stayed on his feet but burst into tears. Word has already spread around the neighborhood and he's the butt of all the cool kids' jokes.
2. After slowly coming to terms with the fact that my kids will be iron deficient, non-meat eaters for the rest of their lives, their Gran and Papa made a huge discovery. Matt and Will gobbled up a smoked turkey leg. As in the kind that can be found at your local county fair or arts and crap show.
3. The proceeds from my wildly unsuccessful M.O.M.s sale were used to purchase Matt and Will their first vehicles- matching 2007 Little Tykes cozy coupes. Life is sweet.


4. We had a near disaster this weekend when Matt and Will discovered we were down to one racquetball in the house. Needless to say, after an evening run to Wal-Mart, we now have 6 new balls, 2 content boys and 1 relieved mom.

5. Chris and I got to see our second movie in a year. I picked "We Own the Night" thinking it would be your run-of-the-mill crime drama and ended up shedding tears. This becoming a parent thing is totally for the birds sometimes. No one warned me about the possibility of uncovering emotions I didn't think I possessed.
6. This week I will be renewing the same library book for the 8th consecutive time. That's 16 weeks I'll have had the darn book. I'm going to give up on reading anything past the two year-old reading level from here on out.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: