Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Twice Baked

Matt and Will have tried a very limited number of foods, so the prospect of giving them cake on their birthday was scary. Scary in the sense that I didn't want to have to suffer through another night of no sleep due to their stomach problems; I did enough of that in the first year. So using a borrowed "whole foods" cookbook, I concocted banana oatcakes for the boys. I baked them yesterday evening and several hours later while wrapping them up after they cooled I realized they were still RAW inside. Not having enough organic oat flour, wheat flour and brown sugar to bake two more cakes, I did what any other bad mom would do and stuck them back in the oven to re-cook. I guess I'll find out soon enough whether or not that was a wise move.



The birthday celebration was rather uneventful. Will slapped his cake around to show it who was boss and Matt threw his on the floor. Apparently they haven't yet developed an appreciation for whole foods.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Will decided that the wax candle was tastier than the cake! :) I hope you had that Margarita we talked about. :)

Cherith said...

wow!! i haven't seen them for about 8 months (i think). they have changed so much!! such cuties. i like the eating of the candle. :) congratulations for having 2 healthy 1 year-olds. i pray that God will continue to give y'all the strength that you will continue to need.

Sarah said...

Oh Robin, you are too funny. I'm laughing out loud here just thinking about them telling their friends they had oatcakes for their birthday. But I am kinda interested in that "whole foods" cookbook...

Anonymous said...

Robin: Your account is wonderfully written. I'm glad this technology exists so I can get a feel for how the "bugs?" are growing and developing. Dad