Thursday, April 26, 2007

"A photographer's dream"

Today a professional photographer came to the house to take pictures in celebration of Matt and Will's 1st birthday. I had very low expectations, because after all, I am the resident photographer in our household. Will typically hams it up for the camera, but Matt is usually unimpressed. It can also be quite a challenge photographing them in the same shot; Matt always tries to scurry away. As soon as the photographer walked in, I explained the differences between the boys and imagine my surprise when they reminded me that I should not put labels on them (the #1 rule of raising twins apparently). Matt was gratuitous with his smiles and poses while Will was as shy as can be.

The photographer was wonderful and took some beautiful shots of both boys. She even told me they were "a photographer's dream" because their eyes were so large and so beautiful and captured the light perfectly. As I am not a professional photographer, I don't do so well at capturing the light, but I have a feeling she did just that. I wouldn't be surprised to find one or both boys on the pages of her web-site, and if and when that happens I'll be sure to brag about it right here.

The best part about the photo shoot was the fact that they TOOK A NAP in their CRIBS afterwards. It's hard work being models.

Below are my quick photos taken before the shoot began. Matt is in light blue; Will is in navy.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: