Sunday, April 29, 2007

Success!

Today was a big day in our household. First, we finally made it back to our favorite 8am church service after nearly a year of being heathens. We were up at 6:15 and out the door at 7:30- quite an accomplishment in and of itself. It wasn't until the drive to the church that Chris asked me how we were going to keep the boys quiet during the service. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I was just thrilled to have made it into the car with two clean, dressed and fed boys.

When we arrived at the church, I apparently missed the sign that read "Please take your children to the nursery. Parents who keep their children with them in the sanctuary receive a one-way ticket to hell." Here's the deal. I completely respect that our church wants an adults only service and wants us to remain focused on the lesson. That's definitely hard to do when you're trying to contain two squirmy one-year old boys. But I will not put Matt and Will in the nursery until I am ready to suffer the consequences. I view a church nursery as a place where children have one hour to infect themselves with every possible virus known to man and then return the next week to infect themselves with the new and improved mutation. I've spent long miserable nights with Matt and Will when they were sick at the beginning of the year, and I have no desire to willingly go through that again. Let me at least teach them to blow their noses before I deal with another sickness x 2!

We did manage to keep the boys contained for 45 minutes but ended up leaving early. We have no idea what we're going to do next week. Maybe we'll just return to being heathens.

The major news of the day has to do with our sleeping arrangements. Chris took down the cribs (for like the 5th time) and reassembled them in Matt and Will's nursery. As I type, the boys are sleeping soundly in their cribs in their very own room. This is huge! We're all breathing a sigh of relief that the cribs are finally being used. Poor Tom spent months (and probably half of our inheritance) building the cribs, and then they sat unused for the better part of a year!

Here are a couple of recent photos of Will and Matt. Will is on his new truck and Matt is lounging on the floor.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Come to church with us next week! I'm sure you're shocked that we'd love to hold the squirmy little ones. By the way, I love their crib bedding.