Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Diaper Pail

It would not surprise me if Matt and Will grew up to one day become respectable garbage men, especially my Matt. He's become quite a helper after diaper changes by disposing his diaper afterwards. All I have to say is, "Matt throw your diaper in the pail."

Today I was changing Will's diaper and gave him his wet one to try to keep him occupied. I'm still dealing with the constant flipping Will insists on doing each time I try to wrangle him into a new diaper. Will was not impressed with his old diaper and flung it to the floor. About that time, Matt came strolling into the nursery pushing one of his toys. (the only thing that would make this story better is if Matt was whistling) I heard the toy stop and turned around to see Matt scoop up the diaper, walk directly to the pail and toss it in. Then he went right back to his push toy and continued his route out of the nursery without missing a beat. It was priceless.

Later this evening when faced with the task of hand washing all 10 sippy cups and their 10 accompanying valves and lids, I decided to waste some water and run the dishwasher even though it wasn't completely filled. It always pains me to run the dishwasher when it's not cram packed, so I tried to find all that I could to put in it. If I didn't want to have to unload the extras, I might have even filled it with clean dishes. I loaded the cups and realized I was missing one, and by golly I was NOT going to run the darn thing without that 10th sippy cup. Chris and I checked all the usual hiding places- under furniture, in the hamper, in trash cans and came up empty handed. I figured the only place it could be was in the diaper pail, so I quietly sneaked into the nursery with my flashlight, opened the pail and pushed aside the top layer of diapers. Sure enough, my garbage men were a little too eager today and threw away the cup. I guess it was a good idea that I decided to run the dishwasher tonight, because that cup could use a little extra sanitizing.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

yancyandchristina said...

This sounds more like a violation of child labors laws rather that a cute little kid helping mommy out.

Sarah said...

Aww Matt's a neat freak already!