Tuesday, July 10, 2007


Yesterday while I unloading the stroller out of the minivan at the grocery store, a woman walked by and said, "It gets easier." I guess I looked at her strangely because she went on to say that she had two-year old twins. I wanted to tell her that after surviving 12 months of pure hell, nothing could be easier than my life now.


So maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but the first year really was rough. Yet now after enjoying a mere two months of sleeping through the night, the horrors of the first 12 months are starting to fade. It's amazing what a little sleep can do for a mom on the edge.


For the first time ever, we have a schedule. Several days during the week, Matt and Will actually take a nap. I mean, I have to pinch myself sometimes to see if I'm dreaming! I get work done, I run errands, I fix meals, I read books, I work out, I have dinner with friends, I go to church. My life has done a complete 180 in just two short months. It's indescribable how wonderful that feels. I will never again take for granted my ability to sleep uninterrupted for more than 30 minutes at a time.


3 comments:

LauraC said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! NORMAL! That's how I feel.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting over the shock of the first year of kids. Now if I can just get over the shock of you now incorporating your minivan into your blogs :)
PS- Everytime I see a Murano I think of you!

Melissa Halford said...

I found your blog through the Harriman's and your boys are adorable! I am a mom of twins (boy/girl) who will be 9mos old on the 19th. They are getting to be so much fun but I too have people come up all the time and say "It gets easier". Wonder when we will start saying that to moms we see at Wal-Mart with new twins?