Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day


This Mother's Day will be very different than last year's. Instead of driving to the hospital at 7:00am to deliver milk and visit with the boys, I will be able to hear them wake up, babble and then summon me with their cries. Being able to walk into their nursery and be the first one to greet them good morning will certainly make tomorrow the best Mother's Day I've ever had.

Last year at this time, Matt and Will were 18 days old and closing back in on their birth weights. They were sharing an open air crib and we were even attempting to breastfeed once per day. From this point on it was smooth sailing (until we brought them home of course). To commemorate my 2nd Mother's Day, here's my 1st photo holding both the boys.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms who read my blog! Whether your children are grown and now have kids of their own, or you've only carried a baby inside of you for a few short weeks, you are all mothers who deserve to be celebrated. May your day be filled with love and laughter!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Robin, what a sweet post. You've got me verklempt :).
You're such a good momma. You guys have fun in Florida.

Cherith said...

oh my goodness!! when i flew back from belgium in january, there was a couple with infant twins and a 5 year-old. it wasn't terribly pleasant, but it was an 8+ hour trip. i pray yours will be easy as pie. :) have a great trip!