Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mommy Milestone

Chris and I did something crazy and selfish and took a trip BY OURSELVES to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We spent 4 nights in Sedona and had a really nice time, though it was 1 night too long in my opinion. The boys stayed with Gran and Papa and had loads of fun. We figured after the first night they assumed their old parents were gone and they had new ones. No skin off their backs!

We took a day trip to the south rim of the Grand Canyon. If you have not been, you must go. It truly is awesome, majestic and grand. I don't know all 7 wonders of the world, but I've been to 2 that I know of and both of them have been breathtaking. Whoever came up with the 7 wonders truly knew what they were talking about.

We also took a hot air balloon ride and an off road jeep tour in Sedona. It wasn't until after I made the non-refundable reservations for the balloon ride, that I questioned my sanity for sending both Chris and I 1000 feet above the ground in a woven basket with an open flame. You have to think about these things when you become a parent. I actually took a video of our "blast off" and was yelling, "Matt and Will, if mommy doesn't come back I love you. Wooo Hooo!" That's just not right.

Happy anniversary Chris! Thanks for getting me the watch that I discovered in a magazine ad a year ago. The ad I tore out, handed to you and said, "get this for me for our anniversary next year." Yeah, that one. I must admit, I do have good taste and you sure do follow instructions well.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

bekah said...

Robin,
I found your blog thru Sarah Harrimans. The twins are adorable. I just spent 15 minutes looking at all the videos!
Rebekah