Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Day of School

 
Last week Matt and Will began a two day a week pre-school program. This being their first taste of "organized care," you can imagine how anxious I was. Mainly because they had to be potty-trained for the program, and our summer long booty camp was only mildly successful. Much to my surprise, they came home in the clothes they went to school in. They actually made it 5 hours without an accident. Shocking!
 
Now that we're in week two I've discovered that they are only potty-trained at school, so the remaining 5 days a week at home they demand to wear diapers. Why would anyone want to switch to underwear full-time? It just makes no sense to them.
I didn't think it would be possible to get myself ready, prepare breakfast and lunches, feed and dress the boys, and get out the door before 8am but I've actually accomplished it 3 times. I have a whole new respect for women who do this 5 days a week.
 
Top photo- Matt and Will enjoying breakfast on the big day
Middle photo- Will and Matt in front of their cubbies
Bottom photo- checking out Stuart, the pet hamster

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

LauraC said...

I would say getting everyone ready and out the door by 8AM the last 3 years has been the toughest challenge so far. Well except for the twin part. ha!

LauraC said...

Btw when did our babies turn into BOYS?!

Stephanie said...

Holy moly they look SOOO grown up! I just love their little faces...they look so much like you and Chris. We miss you all!