Monday, August 4, 2008

Naptime Ritual

After I changed Matt's diaper for naptime today, he started protesting as I tried to snap his outfit. He kept saying "no, no, duh taa!" I was clueless as to what he was saying until I caught a glimpse of our handy roll of duct tape. You see, some wise twin moms suggested I use duct tape to secure their diapers before putting them to bed. We've had some issues with the boys taking off their diapers in their cribs, but I won't go into the gruesome details. Let's just say it's now standard policy to use duct tape anytime they're not wearing a one piece outfit.

Apparently Matt can't sleep without knowing that the extra form of protection is securely in place. I guess he's trying to tell me that he definitely cannot be trusted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is not redneck AT ALL that you duct tape your kids together :)

Mary said...

My girls started requesting the duck tape as well ... hilarious what they get used to and then NEED. :)

LauraC said...

That is HILARIOUS!!